The Volcano is my first mod map ever in my life. It's the first touch with a game engine. I'm already working over 1 year on the map, the map content is almost to 100% in, but there is still a lost of work like optimazation and rework of some parts of the map till the map is fully done.
With The Volcano i did the first ARK mod map with all 5 biomes(Grassland, Snow, Redwood, Desert and Swamp) in and also the Scorched Earth weather system without the sand storm and the super heat. I've learned a lot during the work on the map, but i'm still learning and it's still a nice challenge.
Here is a feature list of the map:
- Map is about the size of the vanilla map
- 5 different biomes (Snow, Desert, Redwood, Swamp and Grass/Jungle)
- All dinos are in, incl. Scorched Earth Dinos
- All resources are in, incl. Scorched Earth Resources
- All Boss Arenas from The Island and SE
- Wild dino babys (almost all land dinos but not on all spawn points and Argentavis and Pteradon have a nest for their baybs)
- Big Trees in Snow and Jungle around the Volcano, for Tree Plattforms
- You can learn all SE Engrams
- All Explorer Notes
If you want to take a look and download the map, here is the link to my Steam Workshop page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=715028562
Here are some screenshots of the map:
Amissa will be the next upcoming ARK map i'm currently working on. It also will have all 5 biomes, but will be different than The Volcano. It will have more a Fantasy setting. The landscape will be also more fantasy like, which means not a realistic like landscape. More info will come soon an di'm planning a release for a first version end of October 2017.